Saturday, May 12, 2007

Saturday

I've had a busy day so far. Carla and I headed out a little before 9:00 a.m. to get to the Post Office to pick up a package that has been waiting on me for about a week. (It wouldn't fit in the mailbox). Then on to the DMV what a wait just to change my address, although I did go ahead and renew my license which will now not expire until 2013. I also got the address on the Camry changed and my voter registration changed as well. It accomplished a lot, but the wait just to get to a window was terribly long. Next on my journey was a trip to the bank to put some money in to CD's, that way it is out of the way of temptation and will start working for me. I was heading out to Alice's when the Sean called - they had just come through the bank drive thru - so I stopped down the road and visted with them for a short time. Dean had shaved off his mustache. It does make some difference, but it was already light in color and it doesn't make that dramatic of a difference. Funny though - he' had a mustache for as long as I've known him. <~deleted~>....I made my stop by Alice's to pick up a computer disk, and visit for just a little while. While I was just standing there talking to her and the kids I found five four-leaf-clovers. I checked in at the Toyota dealership about getting a state inspection, but they were booked for the day On to the Dollar General Store for a few items then a quick stop at the apartment office (I was checking on the pool passes for the year - they aren't in until Memorial Day. I bet there will be a long line that day.)

I broke down and purchased our tickets to Bush Gardens Europe for the summer. Sean is excited about getting to go. He even is already to head out there next Saturday. Which does look doable, since the car inspection appointment is for 9:30 a.m.

This evening I'm headed to the Mother-Daughter Banquet being put on by the WMF at Richmond Christian School. I invited both Mom & Danielle to go with me, but Danielle is going with her mother-in-law instead. I hope that I'll be able to see her, but I'm not expecting to...her choice.

Well, Danielle did show up and she even brought Miss Faith with her. She and Leslie sat with us. I was able to have a little time playing with the little princess. Here she is walking around the dining area with her 'door prize'. She seemed to really enjoy playing with it.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day: “Public opinion sets bounds to every government, and is the real sovereign in every free one.” - James Madison

No comments: