Sunday, May 13, 2007

Splendid Sunday

What a storm we had during the night! It actually was such a soothing sound. It really made for great sleeping. The temperature drop significantly and is very pleasant. I've even opened the window and door for a while this morning.

Well the morning started off with a little accident. The keyboard drawer dropped off the railing and the guiding rail poked a hole on top of my left foot. I probably should have gone to Patient First and had it stitched up (most likely about 5-6 stitches), but it is Mother's Day and who wants to spend half the day in a waiting room.

After church today, Walter took me out for Thai food at the Siam Paragon. We had a delicious meal as usual. This time however, they shared a sampler of hot spices with him. He kept adding spices to his meal - which took it up to about a level of 10 or 12 from the usual 4 or 5. At one point I was waiting for his head to go POOF! And a nuclear cloud to appear instead. Our running joke now is - POOF!

On to doing the laundry and puttimg my feet up for the rest of the afternoon & evening. Dean brought Sean by for a few minutes this afternoon to drop off a really cute Mother's Day card that sings. What a neat card. They didn't stay too long at all. Sean had phone calls to make and they had places to go.

Mom sent me these photos of the Mother-Daughter Banquet last night:













These are the three that I liked best of the bunch that Mom sent over. I was having such a good time with Miss Faith. She was playing with the silverware and the really cute 'door prize' that she got.

It's hard to believe that Danielle & I have the same hair color. How neat!

Laundry went well this evening - and the weather has been beautiful. It is so nice to have the door and window open and allow the fresh air in. I've parked Tweat out on the patio in her cage. She has really been enjoying the outdoors. Her biggest entertainment is looking at herself in the mirror. Carla has also been hanging out on the patio some, especially if she thinks that anyone is going to look at Tweat. Protect her bird at all costs.

The foot is going to have an ugly scar - but it does kind of look like a waxing crescent moon. Hmmmm.

This evening I spent watching a couple of good movies, Armageddon to name one. Of course, the foot is beginning to feel rotten, so I'll be hitting the Advil again here at any time. Carla got to meet Mary, a friend of Walter's, this evening. Carla really liked her.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day: Don't let the day end without expressing your love to your Mom - there may never be another day.

Internet Joke

Customer: "I want to download the Internet. Do I need a bigger hard disk?"

Download the Internet here

No comments: