Monday, June 11, 2007

Early Monday Morning

I was looking over a cd of images that Mom gave me from Danielle's graduation day. There is one of her just after receiving her diploma and three from her graduation party later in the day. I'm glad that someone in the family gets to enjoy the company of my daughter and granddaughter. I don't begrudge Mom & Dad at all. I'm just peeved that I don't get the same opportunity. And now they and the opportunity are GONE...












I'm finding it hard to sleep this evening with all the garbage that has gone on over the weekend. As bad as it sounds I do believe that work was the best part of Saturday, and it was a down hill weekend from there.

The thought for today has actually been quite the thought provoker - my strategy has been to try to keep everyone else happy. I believe that strategy has proven itself be be a colossal failure. The whole thing fell apart and all those 'glass balls' I was juggling have all fallen to the ground and scattered like shattered glass. There's no putting it back together, at least for me. If someone else wants to try, fine, but I'm not going to. I've stuck my neck out and been burned for it. No more. If one of those 'glass balls' wants to reconcile it is up to them. No apologies. I tried. Failed, and am not going to be hurt by all the broken glass. Other people need to take responsibility for their part - I quit being responsible for everyone else.

You're on your own and you asked for it to be that way. Good Luck!

Small JOY today. I got to try out the new dishwasher that was finally installed on Thursday. Getting a new dishwasher was a BIG surprise. Anyway - it WORKS! Clean dishes that I don't have to hand wash unless I really want to do so.

PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME TAKE A DAY OFF AGAIN!!!

Today has been a real dilly. What was initially intended to be a day for me to be calm and relax has turned into a real fiasco!

The truck to the left was the first thing I saw this morning as I was leaving out. Sick humor but funny none-the-less. Someone is holding on for dear life to that front bumper.

I ran by the attorney's office briefly and then went on to work. I had a car load of stuff from the conference that I wanted out of the car - just in case something happened all the of the office equipment would be there.

I did have a very nice and pleasant social call today from the Virginia Beach area. It was nice to hear a friendly voice full of encouragement. It was quite delightful. Thanks for the call.

On to a visit brief visit with Mom & Dad - I thought that since it was close to time for Sean to get home from school I would run an errand at Wal-Mart, and if it was okay with Dean pick Sean up for ice cream. No problem with him going out for ice cream, but when I backed out of the parking space I ended up hitting a utility trailer (one of those that is just an open frame) tow hitch which smashed through my bumper. Of course, I had to hang around waiting for a police officer who said to get some duct tape - no ticket, no damage to the tow hitch. So what started out as a short nice visit with Sean, turned into a $250.00 outing, not to mention the stop at the lawyers' office. The stress levels just are soaring up, up, up.

Things are settling down - the stress is departing. Ahhh. I'm so pleased to finally be destressing. Tim came by for a short visit he took a gander at the bumper and seems to think that I may only have to replace the outer covering because it seems that the insides of the bumper are still intact. He also took a closer look at the sunroof and found that the drain tube from is either missing or broken. At least I have an idea what needs to be done.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought for the Day: Never compromise your standards, but you can change your strategy.

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

I see what you mean by holding on. Its actually quite comical.

Sbrewer said...

Ha! that is pretty funny! i almost missed it!