Monday, June 25, 2007

Monday

It looks like rain this morning - it would be nice if we had a three-day drizzle. But more than likely we're going to end up with bunches of thunderstorms hitting over several days. Last night as I went to bed I was sure that it would rained during the night, but no such luck.

I'm heading out after work to get a hair cut. But other than that not much exciting going on.

The evening wasn't quite the bust that it appeared to be. I had a great time getting my hair done. Stuart was great as always. Instead of going to the the little shop inside of Wal-Mart, I had Stuart wax my eyebrows also - shear luxury. Afterward I swung by Alice's to pick up a magazine - she wasn't having a swell day - I hope that things improve; then by Sean & Dean's to drop off Sean's clothes. The earring that I thought that they had wasn't the right one. Dean's going to check the laundry as it gets done, hopefully that Tanzinite earring will turn up. Sean gave it to me for Christmas two years ago and I have hardly taken them off.

On an interesting note - Saturday my knee was killing me, I thought I had thrown in out like I had done about 15-16 years ago. While Dean was here I had him pull my foot, which lined it back up properly and relieved the pain in my knee. So what I thought was a problem with my knee turned out to only be referred pain from my ankle. Thank you Dean for "pulling my foot".

Walter & I had a late dinner out at Olive Garden this evening. Nothing particularly special just soup & salad, but the waiter David was delightful. He was very attentive and fun. Both Walter and I had a good time.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day:
Being good is just a matter of temperament in the end.

Rest Stop

I was flying from San Francisco to Los Angeles. By the time we took off, there had been a 45-minute delay and everybody on board was ticked.

Unexpectedly, we stopped in Sacramento on the way. The flight attendant explained that there would be another 45-minute delay, and if we wanted to get off the aircraft, we would reboard in 30 minutes.

Everybody got off the plane except one gentleman who was blind. I noticed him as I walked by and could tell he had flown before because his Seeing Eye dog lay quietly underneath the seats in front of him throughout the entire flight. I could also tell he had flown this very flight before because the pilot approached him and, calling him by name, said, "Keith, we're in Sacramento for almost an hour. Would you like to get off and stretch your legs?" Keith replied, "No thanks, but maybe my dog would like to stretch his legs."

Picture this ... all the people in the gate area came to a completely quiet standstill when they looked up and saw the pilot walk off the plane with the Seeing Eye dog! The pilot was even wearing sunglasses. People scattered. They not only tried to change planes, they also were trying to change airlines!

No comments: