Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thursday

It has been a busy day. Yet, relaxed.

I talked to Mom a bit as she was heading down the road towards Pennington Gap. Gas was about 20-cent cheaper there than here. Looks like we won't have to spend a fortune on gas on the way down and back.

Walter and I headed out shortly this afternoon to pick up a couple of things to take on our trip. Nothing big, just a few drinks.

I've almost gotten everything packed up. As if there were a whole lot to pack for two days. I've got Carla packed as well. Walter is going to pack up the car after he gets home from work. So I've got to have it all ready when I leave for work in the morning.

It won't take much to finish up as I leave.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Fortune Cookie Thought For the Day: You will take a chance in something in the near future.

What's Good Tonight?

Our family owned restaurant is the setting for many of our discussions about how to handle the customer who asks, "What's good tonight?"

Obviously, we would never serve anything we didn't think was good. I braced myself one Saturday night when I heard the dreaded question posed to my husband.

He calmly replied, "Anything over $13.95."

No comments: