Saturday, June 16, 2007

Saturday Stuff

I've got Tweat sitting out on the patio this morning, and is she in good voice. Singing her little heart out, talking to the other more "worldly" birds. The Robin's are out searching the field for worms and such. I can hear the occasional Mockingbird and a few others that I can't identify in the woods.

Carla, of course, is having a fit dealing with the fact that she is out on the patio. I know she wants her to come out and play, but I don't think that would be any fun for Tweat.

Walter and I are heading out on a shopping excursion in about 30 minutes, to gather together all the ingredients for the grand Father's Day dinner that we'll be cooking.

Well we made the grand rounds of shopping today. Hitting three different grocery stores to pick up what we were looking for. We made a stop at the Advanced Auto Parts store to get the supplies to repair the Camry - the sunroof leak and the hole in the bumper. It looks like the whole thing will be complete by tomorrow afternoon. Yippee!! No 'ghetto' car, as Sean says. I still may need a bumper sticker, but it will look much better even without one. I appreciate all the effort that Walter has invested in getting it to look right. It took a whole lot of patience on his part to get the leak figured out - turned out all it was was a plugged drain hole. Just a bit of cleaning and voile all done. As for the bumper I was surprised to actually find a steel beam underneath all that plastic and Styrofoam.

I heard from Sean - he and Dean have headed up to the mountains for the weekend. They are coming back just long enough to be here on Monday for an attorney's meeting and then a dental appointment for Sean on Tuesday. Then they are heading back up to do some hiking on the Appalachian Trial, apparently they are going to be gone the remaining portion of the week, so Sean won't be spending the weekend with me next week. I hope they have fun.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day:
To be scared is sensible, to be comfortable is suicidal.

"Government Farm Visit"

A cocky Department of Agriculture representative stopped at a farm and talked with the old farmer; "I need to inspect your farm."

The old farmer said, "You better not go in that field."

The Agriculture representative said in a "wise" tone, "I have the authority of the U. S. Government with me. See this card, I am allowed to go wherever I wish on agricultural land."

So the old farmer went about his farm chores.

Later, the farmer heard loud screams and saw the Department of Agriculture man running for the fence; close behind was the farmer's prize bull. The bull was madder than a nest full of hornets, and the bull was gaining at every step.

"Help," the rep shouted to the farmer, "what should I do?" he screamed helplessly.

The old farmer, hooking his thumbs in his overalls, called out: "Show him your card!"


Yep! I passed it on...I'm sorry, but after hearing they want
to sing OUR National Anthem in Spanish - enough is enough!
NEVER did they sing it in Italian,
Japanese, Polish, Irish-Celtic, German,
Portuguese, Greek, French, or any other
language because of immigration.

It was written by Francis Scott Key and should be sung
word for word the way it

was written. The news broadcasts
gave a translation that's NOT even close.
Sorry if this offends anyone, but this is
THIS IS MY COUNTRY!
Do YOU - sing MY
National Anthem in YOUR COUNTRY
IN ENGLISH ? ? ?
And, because I make this statement
DOES NOT mean I'm against immigration!!!
YOU ARE WELCOME HERE IN MY COUNTRY.
Welcome to come through like
everyone else has.
Get a sponsor !
Get a place to lay your head !
Get a job !
Live by OUR rules !
Pay YOUR taxes !
And
LEARN THE LANGUAGE
LIKE ALL OTHER IMMIGRANTS HAVE
IN THE PAST!!!
AND PLEASE DON'T DEMAND THAT WE HAND
OVER OUR LIFETIME SAVINGS OF SOCIAL
SECURITY FUNDS TO YOU

TO MAKE UP FOR ''YOUR'' LOSSES.

If you don't want to forward this
for fear of offending someone, then
YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM!


When will AMERICAN'S STOP giving away THEIR RIGHTS???
We've gone so far the other way,
bent over backwards not to
offend anyone.
But it seems no one cares about the AMERICAN
that's being offended!

WAKE UP America!!!

No comments: