Sunday, June 17, 2007

Monday

Well! Here's to today. I'm going to hang on and hope that it all goes well.

I've almost become physically ill over the advertisement that went into the paper Sunday. I spent three days trying to get them to work with me and I had not even received a proof by 5:30 on Friday. Then after seeing what went into the paper it has just made me sick. They missed it. I don't know why but they did.

I'm leaving work at 1:30 p.m. today to deal with Dean. Too much STRESS for one day.

Well, that's over with...now to get on with living.

Thanks first to all those who were saying extra prayers for me this afternoon. I know that it truly helped me to keep my mouth shut. Oh there was so much to say, but I didn't...I could have but didn't. Thank you all for the support - the prayers truly did work.

I'm putting myself into 45th birthday planning mode. I have 15-months to plan my birthday trip to Italy. That is what I'm going to do for myself. I've always wanted to go somewhere, and now I am going to take the opportunity to do so. Maybe for my 50th, I'll head off to Scotland. I've got to start looking into tours, passports and learning a bit of Italian. There I've said it out loud, so to speak, but I'm going to get there.

Walter came down this evening to get a haircut and have his finger bandaged. Oh my, the finger looks sooooo terrible (rolling my eyes). I could have fixed that at home if I had been able to see the whole cut before we left home. We could have actually played that hand of cards that we started to play.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day: When you're over 50 you can still do all the things you did when you were 17 if you don't mind making an idiot of yourself.

Card Name

Those of us who worked at the front desk of a convention hotel in Williamsburg, Va., prided ourselves on making the guests feel special. When someone arrived at reception, credit card in hand, we would sneak a peek at it and address him by name.

Once during a particularly busy check-in, one of our guests presented a corporate credit card. "Welcome to Williamsburg, Mr. Bell," the desk clerk said.

"Oh, please," the man replied, "call me Taco."

No comments: