Saturday, June 9, 2007

Saturday

Today is going to be another big day. Walter is having an MRI on his right hand to determine the extent of the damage from his accident in January. Danielle and family are moving to Lynchburg; and I will be attending day two of the conference. Well, Walter's already off to his appointment and I'm getting ready to follow him out the door.

The conference was a full day today and kept me busy. It was terrific to watch all the changing and bonding that went on during the past two days. One of the of the ladies, Linda, from Canada caught this photo of me steering the boat on the canal walk while the rest of the party jumped ship and took off on foot to raid the other boat. You can see some of the other passengers on the boat exiting behind me. Linda had me laughing so hard I almost let the wheel go.

I dropped by Tim & Elda's on the way home this evening from the conference, since I was already right at their house. The kids are getting so big.

I spoke briefly to Danielle this evening on my way home. I was checking to see how the move was going. They are working on getting the remaining things they have gathered and packed so that they can finish up tomorrow morning.

She shared with me that she has purchased a new camera with some of her graduation money. She sent along these two photos that she had taken of Miss Faith with her new purchase.












I had some disconcerting mail today - needless to say that it totally infuriated me and just about made me want to spit nails. Hmmm, anger in this situation is good. It will just take some time to get over it and breathe. Idiocy is so uncalled for.

Walter took me out for some soup and salad at Olive Garden this evening to settle me down and let me calm down. I believe that it has helped somewhat, but it is a real pain. The report on the MRI is just to wait until the 19th for the results. However, Walter described the MRI as squishing his arm flat - sort of reminded me of descriptions of a mammogram trying to squish things until they are flat. :)

Email & Newsletter Gleanings: Thought For the Day: One of the secrets of a happy life is continuous small treats. - Iris Murdoch

No comments: