Friday, June 29, 2007

Freewheeling Friday

I plan on today going as well as yesterday. I have a few small projects to get together at work, the biggest challenge is to gather all the software for a reinstall on a laptop. We downgraded from VISTA to XP Pro, which will help out a lot, but there is a pot load of reinstalls to do.

Walter & I are leaving after I get home from work. He'll have the car packed and ready. Including Miss Carla.

We got off early this evening - I had worked through lunch and just left that much early. Walter was surprised but pleased. He had got the oil changed in the car, given Carla a bath, packed the car, and got all the birds settled in before I arrived home. All I had to do was change clothes and hop in the car.

We got the Sleep Inn in Staunton around 7:00 p.m., and after we got Carla settled into the room, we went out for some dinner. After we got back from dinner, Walter took Carla for a trek up the mountain to 'potty' and run. I do believe that they both had a great time.

This little ducky was hanging out on the sink in our room. He looked so darn cute. The little note that was with him said, "Take me my friend, to remind you of where you've been in hopes you will return again!" I'll be taking him with me of course. Cute souvenir.

Walter took me up to the Virginia School for the Blind & Deaf, where he had done some work during the past year. It has a spectacular view and some truly beautiful old buildings.

This home is across the street from the school. You can't tell it in the photo but at the top of the turret is an owl 'weather vane'. Very unusual and neat looking.

Walter spent part of the evening practicing his guitar - he's been working on learning for the past few weeks. Right now its just chords and fingering, but he is coming right along.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day: If you count all your assets, you always show a profit. - Robert Quillen

Eyes Gone

Yesterday I went to the optician's, walked up to the counter and said to the guy on duty, "I think my eyes are going."

He said, "They've gone mate - this is Burger King."

1 comment:

Sbrewer said...

Well, good luck on your trip here friday. I got home late tonight but did notice your Mom's car up at Mamaws. Guess I'll see you sometime this weekend. Tay has All Star tournament on sat. so maybe I won't see u till sunday?! Talk to u later