Sunday, June 24, 2007

Bush Gardens Excursion

We had planned to see a show or two this trip, but the roller coasters won out. We had to start with Apollo's Chariot - then Alpinegeist - then LeSoot (the log fume ride - the only ride we had never ridden). I managed to get him to break for dinner so he and I had a half-rack of baby back ribs in "New France". That gave him enough energy to finish out the day. Our next line to wait in was for the Gryffon. We were there for over an hour, but we did get to ride in the front row. Sean was tickled.

About this time I was ready to go home, but Sean convinced me to ride Apollo's Chariot one more time since in would be in the dark. Riding the roller coasters in the dark is very different from during daylight so I agreed. Ride done - ready to leave - then the big ONE - can I ride it again by myself. I gave him the green light and he ran right back through the queue line. I hung out on a nearby bench and waited - he caught one of last rides before the ride closed.

The park was closed by the time he got off the ride. It was quite peaceful walking through the dimly lit park without all the people crowded around. The wait for the trolley back to the car wasn't terribly long and the ride home at least wasn't as boring as last time (Sean stayed awake to talk with me).

No comments: