Monday, June 4, 2007

Monday Chill

There is a chill in the air this morning. It is so strange to go from the slightly toast to sweater weather in a 24-hour period.

I think that I've gotten the sunburn somewhat under control. I used seeped tea to help bring the sting out of the area and then have been liberally applying aloe. I'm stiff but not nearly as bad as yesterday.

I ended up working till almost 7 p.m. this evening. Lots to do before the conference on Friday.

I noticed when I got home a couple of parts sitting on the counter. It looks like the repair crew has been in the apartment. The toothbrush is gone from the bathroom sink and it looks like they are working on the dishwasher. The power had been turned off to the apartment while they were working. It still isn't working, but at least it looks like there has been progress made.

Walter and I have a batch of deer jerky in the dehydrator getting ready. It should be done in the next couple of hours. We also have a big batch curing in the refridgerator and it should be ready to go in the dehydrator tomorrow afternoon.

A BIG thunderstorm has settled in on top of us this evening (9:30 p.m.); the power has flicked on and off three times so far. I'm glad that I do have some back up lighting, just in case. I do believe that we'll get a big rain out of this storm as well.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day:It is the highest impertinence and presumption, therefore, in kings and ministers, to pretend to watch over the economy of private people...” - Adam Smith

No comments: