Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Tuesday

This afternoon I'm heading over to Dean & Sean's to drop off a couple of things that Sean left over the weekend; and while I'm there Dean is going to check out the car for a leak that I have on the passenger side. Every time it rains I get a puddle in the floor board. I hope that he is able to find it.

What started off as a chilly morning has warmed up nicely. Not too hot, almost just right. Things were cool in the office, so we have a window open in our area to warm us up just a bit. It's even nice hearing the sounds of life outside of the building.

I got my errands done out at the guys' house. I dropped off all of the things that Sean needed and Dean checked the car for the leak. Turns out that it is the sunroof that is leaking. I think I've got a way to fix it temporarily until I have time & money to fix it properly.

This evening is laundry, more jerky making and attempting to rest for a little while. I just tried out my dishwasher since it looked like it had been fixed, but no such luck! The timer goes round and round but no water goes in the machine. It just eats electricity. It looks like I'll be making another service call.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day: To laugh often and much; To win respect of intelligent people and the affection of children. To leave the world a better place. To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.— Ralph Waldo Emerson

License Plate Theft!

A woman said her son found his license plate missing so he called the police to file a report. They told him people were stealing the plates to get free gas. Given the rise in gas prices, people have taken to stealing license plates, putting them on their car, then getting gas and running. The gas station will have "your" License plate # and you could be in trouble for "pump and run."

Check your car periodically to be sure you still have a plate. If you should find it missing, file a report immediately!!! Keep an eye on your license plate! Make sure you always know it's there! When the license plate is reported as the "drive off vehicle", it's YOU they contact! Be aware!!!! Be aware of your license plates, most of us never look to see if the plates are there or not. Please check this website: http://snopes.com/fraud/autos/gastheft.asp

No comments: