Sunday, June 3, 2007

Rainy Sunday

It is a very rainy morning. I thought we were going get hit with this earlier last night but it waited till morning to start really coming.

I had all intentions, and plans to attend church this morning - I even used sunscreen while on the beach, but I burned anyway. I have determined that that the really painful sunburns that I have gotten through the years are when I've used sunscreen (just what does that mean?) Sean is in agreement - sunscreen is bad!

So here I sit with the very upper part of my thighs and be backs of my knees stinging and aching, It is a small miracle each time I get up and then walking is another whole new ball game.

Walter got in last night around 11:00 p.m. So, he is back here all safe and sound. Sean is crashed out. I tried to roust him once, but that wasn't working at all. The rest of the family is heading back from the beach this morning - we're praying for a safe trip.

This afternoon the boys and I went out on an excursion to do a bunch of errands. We hit Dance's Sporting Goods to pick up Walter's new shot gun. It is a doozie!

Afterwards we had a dining experience at Sonic's. Oh how fun. It reminded me of going to Bill's Barbecue years ago when the car hops came out and took your order. Sean had a hot dog that was about 12 inches long. The order of onion rings was HUGE! The food was terrific and the service was great. At one point one car hop came by with a smile tray which contained all sorts of condiments. It was really a nice meal and I really enjoyed all the enjoyment that Sean was getting out of it.

We finished out the afternoon by first heading over to Mom & Dad's house so that Walter could try out his new shot gun. As you can tell by the look on his face his is PLEASED with his purchase.

Then we went up the the theater to see Shrek 3. It was okay, but not really as good as the previous two versions.

Tonight I'm nursing the sunburn and hope to be able to walk and sit somewhat better in the morning.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day: Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Fun with Fruit and Veggies

Someone really had a very creative imagination and way too much time on their hands.














No comments: