Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day

It has been an unusual Father's Day thus far. I've been spending the morning with Walter and not doing some big prep for the kids for Dean. Although Sean and I did get together something for Dean a couple of weeks ago. I just hope that he gave it to him this morning.

We went out this morning for breakfast at IHOP, the waitress was wonderful. Walter was throughly impressed. The food was even pretty darn good as well.

Walter & I prepped for dinner with Dad & Mom last night. We're ready - I just need to do a little light cleaning and blow the dirt/dead bugs out of the hallway outside my front door. Then we'll be set. We spent a little while this afternoon finishing up the bumper to the car. You can still see the crack, but it is secured from the backside. The paint transfer is also gone. Instead of getting a bumper sticker to cover the area, I'm thinking of painting one on before we seal the paint for the final coat. I've just got to pull out the measurements to work up a design.

Dinner was terrific!! Walter really did out do himself.

Our Menu

Tenderloin Steak wrapped with bacon
Shrimp skewers
Potato boats
Steamed green beans, wax beans and carrots
Marinated mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic & capers

Dessert:
Banana Pudding


The only downside was while in the midst of final preparations, Walter cut his finger. He bandaged it up and ate dinner, but afterwards it look pretty nasty and we went to St. Francis' to have it looked at. Well it wasn't nearly as bad as we thought. Only the top portion of his finger was cut so it just look much worse than it was. All bandaged and back home without further incident.

However, the trip to the hospital was almost worth it just to see it. WOW! I could have just sat in the lobby for hours not doing anything except soaking in the atmosphere. Even the outside entry was terrific - Italian influence everywhere.


















I received these little surprises in my email this evening - Miss Faith playing around in the bathroom. She sure looks like she was having a great time.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day: "It doesn't matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was." -- Anne Sexton

Dad's Favorite Sayings!
  • Go ask your mother!
  • Just wait until I get you home!
  • I love you, son!
  • I love you, little bear!
  • When I was your age....
  • My father used to tell me...
  • I used to walk to school in the snow!
  • Be home early.
  • That's not a tear, I have something in my eye.

No comments: